PROTECHS™ Ear Plugs for MUSIC
PROTECHS™ Ear Plugs for MUSIC are reusable and provide decibel reduction without blocking out the music completely. Sound quality without the damage. Turn down the volume of live or recorded music without sacrificing sound quality or comfort. Soft, flexible flanges provide a superior seal and fit most size ear canals. Features: Easy grip handle lets ear plugs easily slip into ear; Washable, reusable convenience; Includes durable carrying case and cord; 100% PVC-Free.
- Musicians have known for a long time that excessively loud noise can be damaging. It's best to keep decibels below 85, but most concerts are louder than 90 decibels.
- Independently Tested NRR 27 gives protection in most noisy environments
- Reduces a 100 decibel concert to 73 (under the recommended 85 decibel limit)
- Easy grip handle lets earplugs easily slip into ear
- Air bubble in tip provides cushioned comfort
- Earplugs can be washed and reused
- 100% PVC-Free
- 1 pair with gray storage case
Sound is measured in decibels (dB). 85dB is the noise level at which hearing damage can begin to occur. So what does 85dB sound like? Routine activities like sitting in traffic, blending a smoothie, even blow-drying your hair. Prolonged exposure to loud noise also increases your hearing damage risk. Every 3dB over the 85dB safety threshold cuts your safe listening time in half. For instance, operating a hand drill with a noise level of 100dB without ear protection means you have just 15 minutes of safe listening time over 24 hours. And regular exposure of more than 1 minute to noise at or above 110dB puts you at risk for permanent hearing loss. PROTECHS were designed to help protect your hearing across lot of different situations.
MOLDEX REUSABLE EARPLUGS:
- Use these laboratory derived attenuation data for comparison purposes only. The amount of protection afforded in field use often is significantly lower depending upon how the protectors are fitted and worn.
- Failure to obtain a proper fit will reduce effectiveness of hearing protectors and could result in hearing loss or injury.
- Over protection can be dangerous. The wearer must be able to hear warning signals.
- Wearers with hearing loss should exercise extreme caution.
- It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the type of hearing protector and its rating is appropriate for the user in their particular workplace.
- Failure to follow all instructions and warnings could result in increased risk of hearing loss, serious injury or death.
- Use caution when working around machinery or any other equipment to ensure neck cord does not become caught or entangled.
- Moldex reusable earplugs must only be used as part of a hearing conservation program that complies with applicable local safety and health regulations.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Earplugs must be fitted and worn correctly to provide effective protection. Reusable earplugs may deteriorate with use and should be examined for cracking or other deformations and replaced as necessary. Wash or clean hands before use. Plugs should be routinely washed with mild soap and warm water.
- Reach over the head and pull top of ear upward.
- With other hand grasp plug handle and gently push and rock into ear canal until a good seal is made.
- USER FIT CHECK In a noisy environment with earplugs inserted, cup hands over both ears and release. If the earplugs are inserted correctly, you should not notice a significant difference in attenuation. If a proper fit has not been obtained, move to a quiet area and repeat fitting instructions.
- EARPLUG REMOVAL Remove earplug slowly. Use a gentle twisting motion to gradually break the seal. Rapid removal may damage eardrum.
INSERTING THE EARPLUG (FIG. 3)
- With clean hands, reach over the head and pull top of ear upwards.
- With other hand grasp plug handle and gently push and wiggle into ear canal until a good and comfortable seal is made.
CORDING INSTRUCTIONS (FIG. 6)
- Thread cord through hole #1.
- Insert tip of cord into hole #2 to lock cord in place.
Manufacturer SKU: 68053