PROTECHS™ Ear Plugs for TRAVEL
PROTECHS™ Ear Plugs for TRAVEL have a unique Flip to Listen feature that allows wearers to unblock sounds without removing the ear plugs. Hear without removing your ear plugs. The first dual mode ear plugs with a Flip to Listen feature that lets wearers turn protection off and on without removing or refitting them. Easily switch from a closed position (NRR 24dB) for protection from continuous noise, to an open position (NRR 4dB) when you want to hear. Soft and flexible, designed for all-day comfort; washable, reusable convenience; includes durable carrying case.
- Though airport cabins are pressurized, about a third of all air travelers experience some pain in the ears, according to an article in USA Today. Ear Plugs can restrict air flow to your ears and can help reduce the pain. Ear Plugs also reduce the monotonous roar of jet engines.
- Independently Tested NRR 24 for most noisy environments
- Flip open when you need to communicate or hear without removing ear plug
- Triple flange design provides long-lasting comfort
- Earplugs can be washed and reused
- 1 pair with yellow storage case
For more information, please reference product instructions and safety data.
Sound is measured in decibels (dB). 85dB is the noise level at which hearing damage can begin to occur. So what does 85dB sound like? Routine activities like sitting in traffic, blending a smoothie, even blow-drying your hair. Prolonged exposure to loud noise also increases your hearing damage risk. Every 3dB over the 85dB safety threshold cuts your safe listening time in half. For instance, operating a hand drill with a noise level of 100dB without ear protection means you have just 15 minutes of safe listening time over 24 hours. And regular exposure of more than 1 minute to noise at or above 110dB puts you at risk for permanent hearing loss. PROTECHS were designed to help protect your hearing across lot of different situations.
MOLDEX FLIP TO LISTEN EARPLUGS
- Use these laboratory derived attenuation data for comparison purposes only. The amount of protection afforded in field use often is significantly lower depending upon how the protectors are fitted and worn.
- Failure to obtain a proper fit will reduce effectiveness of hearing protectors and could result in hearing loss or injury.
- Over protection can be dangerous. The wearer must be able to hear warning signals.
- Wearers with hearing loss should exercise extreme caution.
- It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the type of hearing protector and its rating is appropriate for the user in their particular workplace.
- Failure to follow all instructions and warnings could result in increased risk of hearing loss, serious injury or death.
- Use caution when working around machinery or any other equipment to ensure neck cord does not become caught or entangled.
- Flip-to-Listen reusable earplugs must only be used as part of a hearing conservation program that complies with applicable local safety and health regulations.
WARNING - ALWAYS WEAR WITH CAP CLOSED, WHEN USED AGAINST HAZARDOUS NOISE LEVELS. (FIG. 1)
WHEN AWAY FROM HAZARDOUS NOISES AND IMPROVED HEARING IS NEEDED, WEAR WITH CAP OPEN. (FIG. 2)
INSERTING THE EARPLUG (FIG. 3)
- With clean hands, reach over the head and pull top of ear upwards.
- With other hand grasp plug handle and gently push and wiggle into ear canal until a good and comfortable seal is made.
NO NEED TO TAKE PLUG OUT TO OPEN OR CLOSE CAP
- To open cap, use either thumb or index finger (depending on the orientation of the handle) and gently push out on the cap latch (this may take practice). (Fig. 4)
- To close cap, use either thumb or index finger (depending on the orientation of the handle) to gently push the cap into the handle until it is fully shut, (this may take practice). (Fig. 5)
CORDING INSTRUCTIONS (FIG. 6)
- Thread cord through hole #1.
- Insert tip of cord into hole #2 to lock cord in place.
USER FIT CHECK
In a noisy environment with earplugs inserted, cup hands over both ears and release. If the earplugs are inserted correctly, you should not notice a significant difference in attenuation. If a proper fit has not been obtained, move to a quiet area and repeat fitting instructions.
Remove earplug slowly. Use a gentle twisting motion to gradually break the seal. Rapid removal may damage eardrum.
Manufacturer SKU: 68054